At long last, I have finished the Norwegian Mitts! The photos are a bit off but here they are:
Eventually, I’ll block them but for now I’m just so happy to have: (a) learned colourwork; and (b) done an Elizabeth Zimmermann pattern! Feels like ‘real’ knitting. The left mitten knit up pretty fast – only 2 sittings for the body of the mitten. I have small hands, so that helps! I really liked working with the Eco Wool, and have plenty left-over.
As for the sock-in-progress… I did rip her back, and am just going to knit it plain. I was surprised that the Wool Bin ladies raved about it. Apparently denim sock yarn is a rare find. I had no idea! It’s not been the priority though. Having been empowered by a set of painting tips, we decided to finally tackle our powder room. It’s been long days of scraping wallpaper. Every inch was glued down, so my arm is aching… We got a light blue – icy moon drops or something – and cracked the people up at Benjamin Moore in the process. This is a steeeep learning curve. See, our parents were never DIY people… in Jamaica painters aren’t expensive at all… So, for all the wonderful upbringing we have NO clue on the paper/ paint front. Wish me luck… the walls need more prepping!