Happy Canada Day! Says she with faint enthusiasm.
Getting to & from the x-ray lab was not fun. So much hopping! Why on earth is the place in a basement? Then we went for a boot. Here it is – modern medicine’s torture chamber:
DH, geek that he is, now calls me Darth Vader. Funny eh? He wants sound effects. Uh huh.
Dude at the store says “daily use” of this thing for 6 – 8 weeks. Right now it feels heavy & my ankle is quite unhappy at the 90 degree angle. Hopefully, I’ll be able to walk & drive again soon. Until then, I’m declining invites and having to skip fun things like Knit Night.
On the bright side:
- I am enjoying Wimbledon this year. Last summer was a blur of work-related madness.
- A late-breaking birthday gift arrived yesterday. Books! Howl on Trial – The Battle for Free Expression, Bill Morgan & Nancy J. Peters ed. Here’s what Brother Man wrote inside, “There is no more perfect book for you. Law & Poetry. Happy Birthday.” It is too! He also sent Song yet Sung by James McBride. I’m looking forward to them both, so thanks Bro & Dad.
- Facebook friends/ family are being sweet. Not saccharine. Just sweet enough.
- I am now a chatterbox on Ravelry. Have time will debate!
- One piece of my Purple Cocoon Cardi is now complete! I decided that the yarn (Blue Sky Alpacas with Silk) is groovy. It only took some getting used to. My chosen colour is Amythyst or 129. As you can see the green couch is ‘command central’ right now:
Postscript: calling Toby DP wasn’t such a bright idea. No double entendre meant! I am a pure and innocent blogger. Dear Pet is all I meant. Forgetting there’s an industry where that means something entirely different. The Knit Knack isn’t that witty, trust me!